The Department has a decentralized system of working, which provides for effective and better administration. Functioning, in most areas, has been delegated to the Department head i.e, the Chief Engineer. The jurisdiction of various Establishment under the Department is as follows:
ADMINISTRATIVE HEAD OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT:
The Commissioner & Secretary, Works & Housing is assisted by the following: –
- Additional Secretary
- Joint Secretary
- Deputy Secretary (Two)
- Under Secretary (Two)
- Section Officer (Four)
CHIEF ENGINEER PWD, MECHANICAL ENGINEERING NAGALAND, KOHIMA:
- Chief Engineer : 1 (One)
- Additional Chief Engineer : 1 (One)
- Superintending Engineer (Design) : 1 (One)
- Assistant Mechanical Engineer (T.C) : 1 (One)
- Superintendent : 1 (One)
- Junior Engineer : 9 (Nine)
- Steno Grade-I : 1 (One)
- Divisional Accounts Officer : 1 (One)
- Superintending Engineer : Mechanical Circle, Kohima
- Superintending Engineer : Mechanical Circle Mokokcuhung (Camp-Kohima)
- Superintending Engineer : Attached to Chief Engineer’s office, Mechanical Kohima In-Charge of Technical Branch & PIO
- Mechanical Division No-I, Kohima
- i). Mechanical Sub-Division, Kohima
- ii). Mechanical Sub-Division Dimapur
- iii). Mechanical Store Sub-Division, Kohima
- Mechanical Division No-II, Kohima
- i). Mechanical Sub-Division, Phek
- ii). Mechanical Sub-Division, Wokha
- Mechanical Division, Mokokchung
- i). Mechanical Sub-Division, Mokokchung covering Longleng
- ii). Mechanical Sub-Division, Zunheboto
- iii). Mechanical Sub-Division, Mon
- Mechanical Division, Tuensang
Tuensang Sub-Division covering Kiphire
MAN POWER OF THE DEPARTMENT:
- Class-I Gazetted Officers : 21 Nos.
- Class-II Gazetted Officers : 50 Nos.
- Other Ministerial Staff : 409 Nos.
- Technical/ 4th Grade Staff : 374 Nos.
- Contingency : 7 Nos.
- Work-Charged Staff : 348 Nos.